S07E21 - Hal Holbrook breaks records, Danno is subdued

The "reboot" starring Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan, Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park

S07E21 - Hal Holbrook breaks records, Danno is subdued

Postby Mr. Mike » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Mr. Mike
Site Admin

Re: S07E21 - Hal Holbrook breaks records, Danno is subdued

Postby ringfire211 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:15 pm

So I checked out this episode on cbs.com and thought it was pretty good. Nice to see old veteran Hal Holbrook (if only for a brief moment) on screen again and any episode that has a tie-in to Pearl Harbor is an automatic plus in my book. I also enjoyed the bank robbing soldiers storyline, even if the climax was overkill (as per the usual on this show). I even enjoyed the subplot with Kono's boyfriend discovering the bones at the construction site - I was expecting something worse. Of course the best part was the "subdued" Danno. None of his usual hand waving and cringy blabbering! Proof that if he disappeared no one would miss him one bit. The corny Kono romance is to be expected on this show so there's not much one can do about it. Wasn't Kono's boyfriend some kind of gangster though? If so why is he so conscientious when he discovers the bone at the site? Does he really care about the sacredness of Hawaii (if he thinks it was a heiau site) or that criminals be brought to justice (if it's a murder victim)? Seems to me like he was probably involved in much worse things. But then why would Kono ever even be with this guy??? Never would have happened on the old show. Oh well....

P.S. I was surprised that Hal Holbrook was just clumped together with the other guest stars instead of being listed as "special guest star" or "and Hal Holbrook" after the other guests are listed. He used to be a pretty big name on the big screen!
ringfire211

Return to Hawaii Five-Zero (2010-????)