WELCOME TO THE HAWAII FIVE-O HOME PAGE
ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB SINCE 1994
"Would you convey to all -- and there are so many -- who still are fans of the show that I am so very appreciative of their comments. It's truly amazing to me that so many years have passed since Len produced the first show and fans still remember."
-- The late Mrs. Rose Freeman, whose husband Leonard created Hawaii Five-O
Hawaii Five-O aired from September 1968 to April 1980, one of the longest continuous-running police series in U.S. television history. With few exceptions, it was filmed entirely on location in Hawaii.
Its fans list the authenticity and beauty of the scenery as its number one draw; second come the actors and the characters they portrayed. Another attraction is the series' intelligent writing and intriguing plots, and its title sequence and musical theme (regarded by one critic as "the greatest TV theme of all time"). Its authenticity was further enhanced by the use of many local Island residents in guest roles, which for some led to further roles in other series.
Jack Lord played Steve McGarrett, head of an elite state police unit investigating "organized crime, murder, assassination attempts, foreign agents, felonies of every type." James MacArthur played his second-in-command Danny ("Danno") Williams, with local actors Kam Fong, Zulu, Al Harrington, Moe Keale and Herman Wedemeyer playing members of the Five-O team. The series was famous for the stellar guest actors who appeared in episodes, including Helen Hayes, Ricardo Montalban, Leslie Nielsen, Herbert Lom, Hume Cronyn, and many more. McGarrett's nemesis, the evil Wo Fat "a Red Chinese agent in charge of the entire Pacific Asiatic theatre" was played by Khigh Diegh.
A "reboot" of Hawaii Five-O started showing in North America in September, 2010 on CBS in the USA and Global in Canada as well as in other countries. Named Hawaii Five-0 with a zero to distinguish it from the original series, it originally starred Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett) and Scott Caan (Danny Williams), Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly) and Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua). Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park left the show after the seventh season, to be replaced by Megan Rath (Tani Rey) and Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns). As of September 2017, Five-Zero is in its eighth season.
VIDEOS FROM 1996 MAHALO CONVENTION
Videos taken in Burbank and Honolulu during the 1996 Mahalo convention are available for viewing via this link. Stars of the show, including James MacArthur, Kam Fong, Zoulou, Dennis Chun, Sharon Farrell and many others, as well as people who worked on the show are featured in these videos, most of which are posted on YouTube.
This site covers both the original and the new Hawaii Five-O.
Click here to read reviews of the new shows starring Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan,
Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park.
There is also a preview of the "next season" shows!
See links below for "turgid anal-ysis" of the original series.
What do you think about the new Five-O? Leave comments in the Discussion Forum.
Search the site for your favorite actor or show!
Quick Frequently Asked Questions
You can also reach this page through this URL: http://www.fiveohomepage.com
EPISODE GUIDE GOOFS, TRIVIA AND MORE...
A collection of facts and trivia about Five-O, usually combined with "turgid anal-ysis." Some of this information may not be considered "politically correct" there are words which will be objectionable to certain sensitive individuals, so if you might be offended, then read no further! There are also plenty of spoilers. The late Mrs. Rose Freeman, wife of the creator of Hawaii Five-O, described this guide as an "outstanding presentation." Enjoy! Copyright ©1994-2017 by Mike Quigley. No reproduction of any kind without permission.
★★★★ = One of the very best episodes, a must-see.
★★★ = Better than average, worthy of attention.
★★ = Average, perhaps with a few moments of interest.
★ = One of the very worst, a show to avoid.
Click here to see ratings for both shows all in one place.
CLASSIC FIVE-O EPISODE LIST:
Complete list with plot descriptions
Complete list without plot descriptions
Complete list in production order
Complete list in alphabetical order (no links).
NEW FIVE-0 EPISODE LIST:
Complete list with plot descriptions
CBS SYNDICATION "SHOW BIBLE":
Complete listing with various options.
JUMP TO A SEASON:
Classic Five-O (Oh) (1968-1980):
| Pilot Movie (Episode "0") | | 1st Season (Episodes 1-23) | | 2nd Season (Episodes 24-48) | | 3rd Season (Episodes 49-72) | | 4th Season (Episodes 73-96) | | 5th Season (Episodes 97-120) | | 6th Season (Episodes 121-144) | | 7th Season (Episodes 145-168) | | 8th Season (Episodes 169-191) | | 9th Season (Episodes 192-214) | | 10th Season (Episodes 215-238) | | 11th Season (Episodes 239-259) | | 12th Season (Episodes 260-278) | | 13th Season |
New Five-0 (Zero) (2010-?):
| 1st Season (Episodes 1-24) | | 2nd Season (Episodes 1-23) | | 3rd Season (Episodes 1-24) | | 4th Season (Episodes 1-22) | | 5th Season (Episodes 1-25) | | 6th Season (Episodes 1-25) | 7th Season (Episodes 1-25)| | 8th Season (Episodes 1-??)| | "Next" Season |
"GENTLEMEN, FIRST I WANT YOU TO TURN THESE WEB PAGES INSIDE OUT:"
- DANNO, FIGURE OUT THE BASIC M.O.:
- CHIN HO, YOU'RE IN CHARGE OF THE INQUIRY INTO THE MUSIC BUSINESS:
PURCHASE THE HAWAII FIVE-O SOUNDTRACK (OR INDIVIDUAL TRACKS) FROM AMAZON.COM
BUY THE SOUNDTRACK ON CD (FIRST TIME!) FROM SCREEN ARCHIVES ENTERTAINMENT
- Interesting article about the Five-O theme and composer Morton Stevens
- Composers for the Five-O episodes
- Check the CBS Collection at the UCLA Library for Five-O scores (search for either specific composers or just under "Hawaii Five-O").
- Photo of Morton Stevens, composer of the Five-O Theme and numerous episode scores.
- There was a Five-O soundtrack album...
- Sheet music to the main theme -- page one and page two.
- Lyrics to the Five-O theme ... hard to believe.
- "You Can Count on Me," vocal version of the main theme, done by Sammy Davis Jr., MP3 format.
- Another vocal version of the main theme, sung by Don Ho, MP3 format.
- Lyrics to "It Ain't No Big Thing," heard numerous times during the series.
- The Five-O theme song in MIDI format, 10K in size (for those with slow connections)
- The Five-O main theme (623K) and end titles (334K) from TV broadcast, both in WAV format
- Music for the opening credits for all twelve seasons.
- Main theme for the failed TV pilot movie in MP3 format, about 900K in size.
- First version of the main theme from the 2010 revival of the show (later discarded).
- Re-recorded complete main theme from the 2010 revival arranged and conducted by Brian Tyler.
- The Five-O main theme, taken from the Capitol soundtrack album.
- A total kick-ass version of the main theme, played by Gary Hoey.
- Five-O theme, performed by Brian Setzer and his band, live in Japan (.AVI format).
- Aloha Steve and Danno, tribute song, played by The Porkers.
- Classic version of the title music played by The Ventures (YouTube).
- Five-O theme (and other music), performed by Debbie Curtis Radio Big Band (YouTube).
- Bill Murray as Nick the Lounge Singer sings the Five-O theme on Saturday Night Live (WAV format, 458K).
- The Post-Industrial-Acoustic-Counterpunk band Hookahman from Edmonton, Canada is proud to have recorded the worst version of the classic Five-O theme song. It's on one of their albums (WAV format, about 600K).
- The Quebec group Les Baronics has recorded a version of the Five-O main theme UPDATED -- now in MP3 format.
- A song called This is McGarrett, created by Craig A. Little, using samples from the show.
- Musical themes from the show (all in MP3 format): "Memories"; The "military" theme; The "violin" theme; The "trombone interval" theme (extended version from Vashon Part 2); The "marimba" theme.
- "Hawaiian"-sounding song (possibly composed for the show), first heard in the episode Kiss the Queen Goodbye.
- Two examples of music for "the wave" composed by Don Ray (MP3 format): #1, #2.
- Theme from the CBS Special Presentation banner, that opened all of the CBS special programming during the 1970s and 1980s, composed by Morton Stevens, from the music he did for "Hawaii Five-O" (it's on the Capitol Records soundtrack LP) -- requires MP3 player.
- Home page of Don Ray, who scored or was music supervisor for numerous episodes of the show.
- Music tracks from the soundtrack, including dialogue and sound effects.
- More music tracks from the soundtrack, including dialogue and sound effects.
- 1990's Lotto 649 commercial (uses Five-O theme).
- A blatant plug for my own music!!
- KONO, ANALYZE THESE NEWSPAPERS, MAGAZINES AND BOOKS FOR CLUES:
- CHE FONG, RUN THESE SOUNDS THROUGH THE OSCILLOGRAPH...
- DUKE, SOMEONE IS TRYING TO MAKE FIVE-O LOOK SILLY...
- The Five-O Drinking Game (Sirah style)
- Five-O parodies by SCTV and Paul Hogan/Benny Hill.
- Click here to see the SCTV parody (requires QuickTime -- iPod compatible).
- Click here to see the Paul Hogan/Benny Hill parody (requires QuickTime -- iPod compatible).
NOTE: Revised - video lifted from YouTube (better quality and more complete than the one I had before).
- Jay Leno comments on the 1996 Five-O Convention in Burbank (requires QuickTime -- iPod compatible).
- The MAD Magazine Five-O parody pages one, two,
six (each around 250K)
- The Cracked Magazine Five-O parody pages one, two,
six (each around 250K)
- Outakes from the 11th season episode Number One With A Bullet -- Complete List or selected highlights:
- #1 - McGarrett (Jack Lord) whistles and claps for Sally (Melveen Leed) as she finishes a song.
- #2 - Sally talks to McGarrett; Melveen breaks up laughing.
- #3 - Some very funny moments between Jack Lord and Melveen Leed. Jack Lord forgets his lines.
- #4 - Melveen Leed as Sally forgets her line, recovers and continues with the scene.
- The 13th Season (Some "lost" episodes I have uncovered)
- "Book Off, McGarrett!" -- Chin Ho tells what he really thinks about his boss. "Dan Williams" replies.
- BEN, I WANT THE POLICE PHOTOGRAPHER OVER HERE ON THE DOUBLE!
- LORI, GET EDDIE SHERMAN TO LOOK IN THE STAR-BULLETIN'S BACK ISSUES!
- KIMO, SOME PEOPLE WANT TO WRITE ABOUT OUR "OTHER" CASES...
- Five-O comic from "TV Action", England, 1973 pages one, two,
eight (each around 150K)
- A plug for Karen Rhodes' Hawaii Five-O book.
- Killer on the Loose by Deana Lisi
- A SHADO on Paradise by Pamela McCaughey, based on Five-O, UFO and Magnum, P.I.!
- Pau Hana excerpts from Five-O fan fiction.
- A sneak preview of Bill Koenig's Five-O/Man From U.N.C.L.E. crossover story.
- TRUCK, CHECK OUT WHY WE'RE IN THE NEWS AGAIN...
- Vancouver Sun article on the Five-O Home Page.
- CBC interview about the Five-O Home Page.
- The Five-O Home Page featured on CBS News Up To The Minute. NOW WITH VIDEO!
- This site was the winner in the Vancouver Province Super Site contest (November 6, 1997).
They wrote: "Talking about sheer work, takes us to the next winning site The Hawaii
Five-O Home Page ... created by Mike
Quigley of Vancouver. As he said in his description of the site, it's 'more than you ever wanted
to know about the TV show' but it's still a lot of fun. Quigley has to be a
fanatic on this. Who else would put up the lyrics to the song 'It Ain't No
Big Thing,' which he says was heard numerous times during the series?"
- 1997 feature on Jack Lord, containing interviews with his wife Marie and others from American Journal.
- Honolulu TV news coverage of the 1996 Five-O convention. UPDATED!
- Marie Lord talks about life with husband Jack, taped at the 1999 Five-O convention.
- Jack Lord statue is dedicated on June 19, 2004 at Kahala Mall in this clip from Hawaii TV news broadcast. (requires QuickTime -- iPod compatible).
- Read the Hawaii Five-O Usenet newsgroup.
If your Internet service provider doesn't carry it, you can read it at Google News Groups.
- JENNY, HERE IS SOME MATERIAL THAT SHOULD BE FILED, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE...
- The Beau van den Ecker List, compiled by Inglewolf.
- Interview with guest actor Michael Anderson Jr., who talks about Jack Lord, Stoney Burke and Five-O.
- Pages for two actors who appeared in multiple Five-O episodes: Jimmy Borges and Elissa Dulce. NOW WITH VIDEO CLIPS!
- Nice things people have said to me about the Five-O Home Page in e-mail.
- The Hawaii Five-O Discussion Forum Archives.
- Fred's pictures of Five-O locations revisited in 2014.
- Five-O actors and the Oscars who's been nominated, who won.
- Covers of two Signet paperback novels by Michael Avallone, Hawaii Five-O and Terror in the Sun, published in 1968 and 1969
- Covers of two hardcover Whitman books (intended for kids!), Top Secret by Robert Sidney Bowen, published 1969 and The Octopus Caper by Leo R. Ellis, published 1971.
- Covers of two Five-O novels published in England, The Angry Battallion, depicting a macho McGarrett and Serpents in Paradise.
- Covers of German editions of two of the above Five-O books: #1 and #2.
- Early review of the show from TV Guide, December, 1968.
- TV Guide tributes to Jack Lord: Feb 21-27, 1998; Dec. 26, 1998-Jan. 1, 1999.
- Photos of the Five-O game -- #1, #2, #3 and #4.
- Five-O Periscope Dart Gun, Dart Gun Set (with badge and billy club), Cork Gun (with binoculars and badge) and Handcuffs (with key and "cop gun").
- Five-O Machine Pistol
- Pages devoted to bad words, "yellowface" actors and gay characters in Classic Five-O.
"THEN, GENTLEMEN, MAKE THESE WEB SITES A TOP PRIORITY:"
"AND FINALLY, CHECK OUT THIS 'MR. MIKE' CHARACTER ... WHY IS HE SO OBSESSED WITH OUR OPERATION? WHAT ARE HIS OTHER INTERESTS? WHAT MAKES HIM TICK?"
p>Send some e-mail to me, Mike Quigley.
But first, see if your question is answered in our Quick FAQ.
NOTE: Since I have been on the Internet for over 25 years, my e-mail is very heavily filtered because of all the spam I get.
Make sure your e-mail has the words "Hawaii Five-O" in the subject line.
If you don't get a reply, try posting in the Discussion Forum.
Be warned -- your question might end up on a special page.
"I'm pleased to say that no Internet site has ever frightened me more than
yours. Congratulations. When I found yours, especially the
episode by episode breakdown, allowing me to look up my particular favorite
the bubonic plague hits Five-O I knew the Internet had gone out of
control." a visitor
"The fact that you have managed to not only capture every moment of 5-0 for 12 years, but catalog it to near perfection leaves me with no hope for civilization. Every bad plot line, including my favorite which consisted of evil 5-0 imposters, who even managed to construct a fake 5-0 office in an abandoned office to try an infiltrate McGarrett and his bunch, is covered."
"Mindless dedication. Inspiring. Delightful." - My pal Bob Smith, on Facebook